This week, we unveiled the brand new, and greatly improved LongBeach.gov. Building a new website for the City has been a priority for me since taking office, and I’m very proud of what we’ve created. There are new features, a more contemporary appearance, and the whole site is much more user-friendly.
Some of the new or improved features are:
- Easier to use online services and a website with a responsive design that works on your computer, smartphone, or notebook or iPad.
- MapIt, a new dynamic, interactive mapping tool that lets users see important locations and services throughout the city in their neighborhood.
- LinkLB, an email notification system for users to receive updates from a variety of City departments.
- OpenLB, a portal to open data that includes information on health, our budget, and other important data.
- LBTV, our City’s own television station, with live streaming and recorded shows available
And, the improved design makes all these features much easier to use.
I want to thank the City Council for their support in moving forward with this project. I also want to thank the city staff who worked so hard to create the new site. In particular Tom Modica, Diana Tang, and Erik Deck. Their contributions were indispensable.
Longbeach.gov isn’t just a website. It’s the way most residents, business and visitors will connect with City Hall, get important information, and provide input and ideas to city government. Improving our website means improving our communication with the public, and becoming more transparent and more efficient. And, we are one step closer to having a 24/7 on-line City Hall.